Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lending a Helping Hand! / Curry What?

Well it has been a long day for me anyway. I went and helped where I could getting our class room ready for school. Color coded some books.

Well I am at that scary point. I always hit this point then freeze. I have been here about four (4) days now. 509, I hit that number then bam it is like hitting a brick wall. once through it then I start to lose regular again but getting over that hill is very hard. But I will do it. Anyone with any Plateau breakers now is the time to speak up.

I know I said I was going to blog part 3 of the WLS procedures but honestly I am wiped but I will get it done or as one of my favorite comedians would say, "Get er Dun".

Stress Reducers:
A hard days work
Spending time with good friends
Feeling accomplished


Words of Wisdom:
When It Seems to easy or to good to be true? Check it out closely. Only God offers a truly Free Gift!

I almost Forgot, It is Sunday and that means Recipe Time and since no one sent me any I guess you are still stuck with mine. :(  So here we go:

CORN AND GREEN BELL PEPPER CURRY  (serves 4)


3 Tb
Olive Oil or Butter
1 tsp
Cumin seeds
1 -2
Green Chilies
(finely chopped)
1 tsp
Ginger
(finely grated)
2 Tb
Flour
2 cps
Cooked corn kernels

1
Green bell pepper
(finely chopped)

2 cps

Skim Milk

1 tsp

Splenda

  1. Over medium heat, in a heavy sauce pan; add oil or butter and cumin seeds. Stir until the seeds crackle. Add the chilies and ginger and fry lightly. Add the flour and reduce heat to low, cooking for about 2 minutes.

  1. Mix in corn and green bell pepper. Add the milk slowly while stirring carefully to make sure no lumps form. Cook on low about 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add sugar and salt to taste.




Now I made this this weekend for our church Potluck, But it seemed to be missing something. No one could put their finger on it though. Some suggestions were: Curry Powder, Chicken, but that shoots the vegetarian idea in the foot; I like the Idea Ms K gave which was raisins and almonds. But you can try it and let me know what you did. I served this with Brown rice. I think it will serve more than 4 also.

Till next time

May The Lord Continue To Bless You All!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment