Friday, June 24, 2011

RESOLUTIONS VS RESOLVE

Formal Definitions:

res·o·lu·tion  A formal expression of opinion or intention made, usually after voting, by a formal organization, a legislature, a club, or other group.
VS

re·solve

to come to a definite or earnest decision about; determine (to do no matter what) I have resolved that I shall live life to the fullest. .

How many of us have made those New Years resolutions? I will quit Whatever it is or I will be nice to, or Still yet my FAVORITE I am going on a ["DIET"]!!!!! Talk about four letter words! If I was lucky it lasted until the first gas station I stopped at or the first fast food joint that pop-up, and how that always seemed to happen, Yes you all know what I am saying. The problem I see with resolutions are they are usually made with good intention but never seem to get off the ground.  However when you MAKE the decision to do something and get determined about it, that is resolve. So I say throw the resolution out the window and get that characteristic feature called resolve. When you do you will actually feel the difference physically and you will overcome. Will it be tough? Absolutely. But resolve will see you through. :)



So today being Friday in a lot of work places it may be casual Friday.  So I have decided to watch through the week and post some fun stuff here. I do not know what yet but I am sure I will find something.

Stress reducers:
Meditation
Prayer
Walking

Well a little about me:
I was born in a very small town in Sothern Missouri called Caldwell. Do not ask me about it because at six (6) months old I was on my way to Beautiful Colorado. Well there were times it was not so beautiful but off and on it has been home for 50 years. There were instances that I was elsewhere. Like college in Washington (state), US Army at Ft Benning GA, let me tell you that is not the place to be in July. Arizona, Tennessee, Texas. But I always came back. I am glad I had those opportunities. They are all learning experiences, good and bad; but that is what makes you who you are. Well we will stop there hope this shined some light on your life today.

The following is a small article published by the Mayo Clinic. Thought it was worth notice:

Weight loss basics

By Mayo Clinic staff
Your weight is a balancing act, and calories are part of that equation. Fad diets may promise you that counting crabs or eating a mountain of grapefruit will make the pounds drop off. But when it comes to weight loss, it's calories that count. Weight loss comes down to burning more calories that you take in. You can do that by reducing extra calories from food and beverages and increasing calories burned through physical activity.
Once you understand that equation, you're ready to set your weight-loss goals and make a plan for reaching them. Remember, you don't have to do it alone. Talk to your doctor, family and friends for support. Also, plan smart: Anticipate how you'll handle situations that challenge your resolve and the inevitable minor setbacks.
If you have serious health problems because of your weight, your doctor may suggest weight-loss surgery or medications for you. In this case, you and your doctor will need to thoroughly discuss the potential benefits and the possible risks.
But don't forget the bottom line: The key to successful weight loss is a commitment to making permanent changes in your diet and exercise habits.



May the Lord continue to Bless and Keep you all.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment