Thursday, June 23, 2011

A New Dawning

Things are going well today. Had a Dr appointment and recieved some information on my back. I need to get down to 450 # so they can do a MRI to see how extensive the damage is.


Morbid Obesity + Lazy
Unfortunatly this is the perception many people have of people who are in this classification. There could be nothing further from the truth. There are always exceptions to the rule but most obese people I know are just the opposite. They are workaholics, overacheivers, and go getters. Unfortunatley that means they do not take the TIME to be good to themselves. They skip meals, drink little water and get small amount of exercise. I know all to well this cycle. An average day for me was, get to work between 6 am and 8 am. Depending on what was going on. Work, run to meetings. more work. Grabbing some water once in awhile. Breaks-Lunch? that takes up productivity time. Leave work around 6 pm. Because I lived so close to the Facility if something happened that needed special care I got the call. I did not mind because my life was work. 5X a week some times 6X. I had one stretch that I was called back or in 15 days strait. Then if a staff member did not show there I was at least for part of that shift. Lazy, Yea I think not. Then when State was due in for an audit double that at least. Some of you know what I mean. So Lazy, That is what a person may think if 1. they have no obese friends and 2. do not know anyone obese. Believe me I know people who go out of their way to fit that catagory. I knew a very gentle and caring person who stopped goinhg to resteraunts because people would throw food at him. This is true. I thank God I have never ran into anyone like that, I would need to have the Lord hold me back, if you know what I mean. There are people who give those side looks, double takes, and rude cooments. Just remember that most people who try to tear down a peson is, only because they feel so low themselves. That is the only way to feel better than others is to tear them down. That is how they think. Better known as "Stinkin Thinkin". Just don't let them do it. I feel sorry for people like this. I do want to share that one day I was at the pharmacy and this Women and a small child walked up to me and she made him appologize for what he had said. I did not hear the comment but after awhile you learn to ignore them. This is the first time I have ever had this happen and I give points to that lady for teaching here child that those are not nice things to do.


A new dawn indeed. as of yesterday I have lost 19 pounds. I have very little to no cravings for the things I have cut from my eating. (bread, sugar,sugar substitutes, pastas, potatoes ect.) I get at least 64 oz and most of the time double that of WATER. Not liquid but water. I read where drinking anything with caffine takes the equal amount of water to flush it out. Coffee, Black Tea, Soda. If you drank a 20 oz soda then you need 20 oz water to flush the caffine out. What is wrong with caffine. I will not go into this fully here, however caffine is a stimulant. That means it also stimulates your hunger senses. Ever womder why one of those giant cinnamon rolls covered in frosting is eaten with a cup of coffee.  Next Time Have a glass of "Adams Ale" water, and a handful of almonds or an apple. Then go for a walk. Then you tell me which one makes you feel better. listen to your body, it is trying to tell you something.


Wisdom/Tip for today:
When you run in and get a "normal size" pop today, take a minute to read the lable. 20 to 40 grams of sugar, high sodium, artifitual flavors "chemicals" for one serving. Oh yea by the way that bottle you just drank was 2 1/2 servings. [20 oz}.Stick to water and a fresh piece of fruit or nuts and DO NOT buy anything around the counter. all unhealthy. Body/Mind


Well I did not mean to ramble but somedays it just rolls.

Stress Relievers:
Telling the truth
Smileing
Talking to friends
playing fetch with your dog "good for him/her to.


May the Lord Bless you in all things that brings Glory to His name!


Tom

PS I had the nurse take some "now" photos today so as soon as I figure it out I will post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment