Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Another Day In The Life of ?

Well, a very informative seminar last night. The team was very down to earth. a very relaxed atmosphere. I am proceding with the process so please keep this in your prayers. If this is what the lord wants it will be. Next appointment July 18. Will know much more then, I hope. One interesting thing is if they do not feel that they can safely do the surgery here the work with a team in South Carolina, maybe a road trip in the near future. I also found out that in most cases, you are in and out of the hospital in two (2) day and back to restricted activity within a month.


Trying to eat slower and chew food better. It takes approximatley 20 minuets for your stomach to "tell" your brain you have had enough. If you rush through a meal you will feel hungry and tend to eat more. So slow is the goal. Learning to sip water through the day and chug a few times. this is important for the surgery.


I am feeling better most days. Walking more and that feels good. Was able to go to Wal Mart today for some supplies I needed for my music. I spent about 30 miuets, in a motorized chair; shopping. When I was done I had a little pain but no where it use to be. 15 minutes use to put me over the top. The humor, that I saw; was the pain was so great I would sweat to the point that people would come up and ask, are you alright, do we need to call an ambulance. They thought I was having a heart attack. I know I have a strange since of humor. LOL


This diet solution is working well. It is very easy to maintain so far. I will try to get the link posted here soon if anyone is interested in checking it out.


My Thought/statement for today:


1. Turn our thoughts into words
2. Turn our words into actions
3. Turn our actions into habits


Easy to say, harder to do but only through challenging ourselves do we grow. I have heard that if you do something for seven (7) days it will become a habit. Kind of scary on some things right. know wonder bad habits get learned so easy if we are not careful.


My Stress Busters:
Walking
Deep Breathing
Music


May the Lord Bless and keep you all


Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment